Many patients have heard of chemical peels, but aren’t sure how they work or what they can address. In this article, we are going to discuss chemical peels – what they are, how they work, and who is a good candidate.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that uses exfoliation to remove the outer layer of the skin, leaving behind a more youthful, vibrant layer. There are several types of chemical peels, including all of the following:
- Light Peels offer subtle results that will develop over time.
- Medium Peels offer more immediate results than light peels.
- Deep Peels have a longer recovery time but offer the most dramatic and long-term results.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Chemical Peel?
You might be a good candidate for a chemical peel if any of the following apply to you:
- You have fine lines or wrinkles
- Your skin has been damaged by the sun
- You have minor scarring from acne
- You have excessive freckles or age spots
- Your skin has an uneven tone or texture
A facial plastic doctor can examine your specific situation and recommend a treatment course that fits your needs – whether than includes a chemical peel or something else!
Cosmetic Doctor in St. Paul, MN
At Riverview Facial Plastic & Total Body Aesthetic, we offer a full range of cosmetic and aesthetic services – from chemical peels to facelifts. We work hand-in-hand with each and every one of our patients to provide the best possible care. Dr. Daniel Schneider is a board-certified facial plastic surgeon with years of experience treating patients in the Twin Cities area. Contact us today at our St. Paul cosmetic clinic to set up your appointment and see if you are a good candidate for a chemical peel today!