When it comes to tightening loose skin in the face and achieving a more youthful appearance, there really isn’t a better option than the facelift. However, some patients just don’t want to commit to a full facelift procedure. Thankfully, there are alternative options for people who don’t want to have surgery. In this article, we are going to talk about a handful of alternate cosmetic options for patients who are not ready to go under the knife and have a full facelift.
A thread lift is a great (non-invasive) method for tightening facial skin. The procedure involves “lifting” the patient’s skin with the help of temporary sutures. Threat lifts can help with skin laxity, wrinkles, jowls, and drooping skin.
Injectables like Botox and facial fillers are a quick and easy way to reduce wrinkles and fine lines in the face. These injectables are painless, have zero downtime, and can be completed over a patient’s lunch break. The downside is the results don’t last nearly as long as surgical procedures.
Microdermabrasion is a fantastic option for patients who have never previously had any cosmetic work done. The procedure is non-invasive and works to rejuvenate facial skin using an exfoliating device. The procedure can be adjusted to fit the specific needs of each patient.
Riverview Facial Plastic Clinic
At Riverview Facial Plastic & Total Body Aesthetic, we offer a variety of cosmetic treatment options for patients in the Twin Cities area. From facial injections, to face lifts, to medically supervised weight loss, we have a number of procedures that can help you achieve your cosmetic goals. As a board-certified facial plastic surgery, Dr. Daniel Schneider is well-equipped to provide the best possible treatment for your situation. Contact us today to learn more about what we offer at Riverview and set up your appointment!
If you are unsatisfied with your appearance, there are many options at your disposal (both surgical and non-invasive options) to address any present issues. But with so many options, a lot of patients have a difficult time figuring out what’s best for them. In this article, we are going to discuss the thread lift procedure and who is a good candidate for this particular cosmetic treatment.
What is a Thread Lift?
A thread lift is a cosmetic procedure in which the patient’s skin is “lifted” with the use of temporary sutures. Instead of removing portions of skin, the plastic surgeon stitches portions of it up – essentially suspending it and leading to a tighter look.
Who Can Benefit from a Thread Lift?
With any cosmetic procedure, it’s important to determine whether or not you are a good candidate before proceeding with treatment. Thread lifts can be beneficial for many patients, including those with any of the following:
- Skin laxity
- Drooping chin
Ultimately, a plastic surgeon is needed to determine whether or not a thread lift is a good option for you. During your initial surgical consultation, your plastic surgeon will evaluate your particular situation, explain your options to you, and work with you to develop a treatment strategy that fits your individual needs.
Best Candidate for Thread Lift
Here are some criteria that can help you determine if you are a good candidate for a thread lift:
- Age demographic: 30-65
- Preferable to have no prior plastic surgery of the area being treated
- Ok to have previous injections with neurotoxins or dermal fillers, as long as performed greater than two weeks prior
- Candidates should have some or all of the following to be considered as a patient/model:
- Mild to Moderate flat & ptotic cheek tissue (cheeks have fallen creating nasolabial folds)
- Mild to moderate jowling / descent of the lower third of the face
- Mild to moderate brow ptosis (droopy eyebrows)
- Mild neck cutaneous bands – patients with platysmal bands or excess skin are not good candidates for the procedure
- Crepey skin of the area of the face or body being treated
- Mild to moderate ptosis of the body area being treated (breasts, buttocks)
- Mild folding of skin above knees, elbows
- Models should be calm in nature, willing to get injected in front of a group and able to tolerate mild to moderate pain. Preferably, individuals have previously had aesthetic injectables.
- Currently not taking any blood thinning medication, Omega 3’s, Vitamin E, Ginko, Ginseng, Garlic, anti-inflammatories, steroids, or neuromuscular blockers
- Not allergic to lidocaine or epinephrine
- No active infections including colds, sinus infections, upper respiratory infections, cold sores, or rashes
Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic in St. Paul, MN
If you are searching for a top-notch cosmetic clinic in the Twin Cities area, look no further than Riverview Facial Plastic & Total Body Aesthetic. Dr. Daniel Schneider has years of experience as a board-certified plastic surgeon. He puts his skills to work and provides the best possible care to every patient who walks through our doors. Reach out to us today at our St. Paul plastic surgery clinic to set up your consultation for Dr. Schneider and the rest of the team at Riverview Facial Plastic.